The next workshop on “How to Become an Audiobook Narrator” will be held the following dates:
February 19th and 20th, 2018 from 7:00-10:00PM
Location: The Foxhole Chicago, 2444 W. Montrose, Chicago, Illinois.
Various topics – among many others – to be covered in the seminar include:
* How to seek out and audition for available audiobook jobs on ACX.com
* The ACX payment process, including by-the-finished hour, royalty share and “bounty” payments for narrators
* Audio recording, editing and processing hardware and software necessary to produce high quality audiobooks
* How to set up and utilize a home recording studio
* How to edit, create, process and upload audio files for auditions and audiobook production
* A primer on seeking out the larger, professional (and union) audiobook houses across the country
* Using music, sound effects and vocal effects to enhance finished pieces
* Actual time in Foxhole’s studio at the conclusion of the class for hands-on recording and editing of your own audio samples with a professional engineer
The class is $150 for both nights. On the second night, you will be provided with an audio reel of your samples prepared during the course of the class to be used for your own audiobook narrator profile. If you prefer to skip getting your audio samples, you can just sign up for the Monday night class for $125 by using the promo code “FOXY25.”
To sign up for the “How to Be an Audiobook Narrator” workshop, follow this link.